The contest for Seveso families trying to live “zero waste”
Seveso looks for Free Waste Families for the Virtuous Families 2.0 contest devised within the Waste4Think project. The objective is to involve the city’s families willing to reduce waste production as much as possible.
The survey is open to a maximum of ten families in Seveso and not in vacancy in the trial period from May 15th to July 15th. Families must have good waste management at heart and be available either to attend a training meeting or to receive visits or phone calls from the project’s technicians.
The handbook of waste reduction actions for families’ inspiration is:
- Drink tap water
- Buy bulk foods in reusable nets or containers
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Use handkerchiefs and washable napkins
- Use washable tableware
- Use washable crockery, even for picnics and homemade parties
- Give a present made of experiences, not packaging
- To clean, use vinegar and baking soda, which are better than many chemicals
- Use washable baby diapers instead of disposable ones
- Do not waste food and reduce food surpluses
To apply, simply fill out the online form by 10 May 2019 (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSea9tCfGmeh8qCqoN0Y-MS942QduLdLT83LJeM-9shkkWSaMQ/viewform ) or call 0362 1636969.