Waste4Think team member Marta Vila Gambao (BCN Ecologia) will participate as a speaker at “BioMeta 2018: XIII Jornadas de Biometanización de RSU”. The workshop is organized by the research group in Environmental Biotechnology of the University of Barcelona (UB) with the support of the Fundació Bosch i Gimpera (FBG).
In this edition, special emphasis will be given to the biotreatments oriented towards greater sustainability of management within the circular bioeconomy where, for example, co-digestion or valorization will occupy two sessions of the six that comprise the program.
The rest of the proteins that make up the provisional program of Biometa, are the improvements in the management of the biomethanization process, the treatment and impact of odoriferous emissions, improvements in obtaining biomethane, or a novel approach for a simpler management of the anaerobic digestion of MSW.
The objectives of the BioMeta 2018 Conference are to:
- Deepen the concept of circular economy applied to waste management.
- Offer good practices of management in other countries, for example in Denmark.
- Provide examples of co-digestion in a full-scale plant.
- Examine new perspectives for codigestion.
- Deepen in the optimal management including odors in biomethanization plants.
- Reflect on the option of improving biogas to biomethane.
- Assess a new approach in the anaerobic digestion of the organic fraction of the MSW.
- Deepen the feasibility of obtaining bioplastics in the plants of anaerobic digestion of MSW.
Marta, will present the the initiative that is being implemented in the Halandri pilot (Greece) in the framework of the Waste4Think Project: “Production and exploitation of biowaste produced from domestic organic waste”.
The session will take place on June 18 at 5:55 pm. More information about the event and inscriptions here.